Last Updated on
Fidget Spinners are all the rage these days. They are so popular that in many places, it’s hard to purchase them. Luckily, it’s easy to make your own. You just need a few simple materials, about an hour of manpower, and the patience to let the paint and glue dry.
Follow these directions and you’ll be fidget spinning away in no time. You can download the Free template here.
Materials – most of these materials can be purchased at any hardware or hobby store, but you may need to visit a skateboard store for the skateboard bearings
• Fidget spinner template
• Foam Core Board
• Craft Knife
• Paint or other materials for fidget spinner decorating
• Skateboard bearings (x4)
• Strong glue
1. Print out a template. It is important that your fidget spinner be perfectly symmetrical. You can build your own on any design software or we’ve included a free template of the three we built in the video.
2. Pull out your foam core board, trace the outline of your fidgets spinner template, and cut it out with a craft knife.
3. Use sandpaper to smooth out any rough edges.
4. Place the template back over your cut out foam core board and mark the inner circles with a pin. Cut out your marked circles with a craft knife. If you’d rather not cut out the outer circles, you can just trace them.
5. Use sandpaper to smooth out any rough edges.
6. Decorate your fidget spinner any way you like!
7. If your decorating materials of choice require drying, let it dry before you move on.
8. Pop skateboard bearings into your fidget spinner’s newly minted holes. In our second spinner, we used steel nuts on the outer circles instead of skateboard bearings.
Alternatively, if you didn’t cut out the outer holes, you can glue steel washers to the design template. This is how we made our third sample spinner in the video. In ours we only glued washers to one side, but you could glue them to both sides if you like.
9. Carefully glue around the edge of the bearing with your strong glue. Be careful not to get any glue on your inner bearing of it won’t work.
10. Fidget Spin Away!
Watch this video to learn how to make DIY Fidget Spinners!